It was really satisfying getting all these backgrounds done for my 13 new All In pieces this week.
Along the way I realized I have many brushes with bristles that are blown out or too soft or etc. It’s just silly.
Keeping damaged brushes is an old habit that made sense back when I had so little money that getting any brush was difficult, but now, not only do I waste time having to dig through the messed up brushes to find the good ones, but the excess brushes make it hard for me to see which ones I need to replace.
And honestly, it probably never made sense to keep the damaged ones.
So I am getting rid of all of these and am going to keep only the ones I love and really use. Huzzah!
I also worked on finalizing these Cluster pieces.
Wow, is this a nutty process, even for me, the artist who will paint a single eyeball for a week! I am moving tiny people around tiny amounts, over and over, and getting pretty goggle-eyed.
But when they click, they really click, so it feels worth all the noodling.
Visually this is also a bit like learning a new language for me, working with the silhouettes, so I’m banking on it getting faster over time as I get more fluent. Let’s hope, since I’ve got many more of these to do.
So this week: Out with the old, in with the noodling!